Our site-based, group mentorship program is a flexible, high-impact way to transform our communities through conscientious and regular engagement with masculine-identified youth and adults.
This evidence informed program takes place primarily through weekly talking circles that provide significant opportunities for both fun and deep self-reflection. With a very simple approach, these circles make a major impact on the lives of all participants, regardless of their age.
While this program was initially designed for schools, we now work with a range of community partners to develop and implement this program.
Our data has shown that boys who participate in a weekly talking circle on average experience significant improvements in grades, disciplinary referrals, emotional intelligence, emotional and physical well-being and social skills.
School or Community Based Talking Circles (Site Based Group Mentoring Program)
- Held 1 time per week for 1 hour
- Facilitated by trained and screened mentors (at least 2 mentors per group)
- Done through a trauma informed lens and recognizes Adverse Childhood Experiences and Adverse Community Environments
- Topics may be given by facilitator/mentor(s) but the conversation is driven by the participants
- Build Community
- Repair Harm
- Create a sense of belonging
- Provide safe spaces where participants can share, be respectfully heard and acknowledged with NO judgement, advice, stigma, etc.